These updates are really only necessary for people playing PC games, after all. Hardware drivers are the bits of software Windows uses to communicate with your PC’s hardware. Device manufacturers create these drivers, and you can obtain drivers straight from the manufacturer of your devices.
Using the support app from your OEM, you can check essential information for your PC such as warranty details, device health, battery lifespan, troubleshoot basic problems, and install drivers. If you already have the manufacturer’s driver software installed, you may be able to update your drivers from Windows. Open your system tray in the right-hand corner of Windows’ taskbar, right-click on the icon for the software in question, and open its main settings window.
How to Install Proprietary Drivers
Updating Intel drivers on Windows 11 is an important step to improve the performance of your computer and fix bugs. You can use the Device Manager to update your drivers or visit the Intel website to download the latest driver for your device.
- “I’m glad they’re finally acknowledging that Windows automatically updates drivers when they’re not supposed to. Before it would just do it and next thing you know your PC is unstable.”
- These applications scan your system, identify outdated drivers and missing drivers, and provide easy, one-click solutions to update your drivers.
- And you know, the procedure to install drivers is actually very simple.
- You need to add the NTFS drive’s location and other important data to make sure that your system can mount it without any hiccups.
Other sites combine the drivers you need in a bundle which, besides the driver, also install adware or a potentially unwanted program on your system. Driver Identifier does not appear to have been updated for a while but works well on the latest Windows versions too.
Ashampoo Driver Updater
Along with figuring out how to check GPU drivers, if you’re also Surface Ethernet Adapter driver download windows 10 wondering how to check what graphics card you have and whether it’s up to date, you can explore the latest GPUs while you’re there. Whether you want to do it manually or automatically, below you will find two different step-by-step installation guides. As you see, the methods to recondition your drivers look the same as the ones used to update drivers on Windows 10. The ones presented above are the easiest to update drivers on Windows 11.
- Here are additional details regarding requirements for key features per Microsoft.
- If an update is available, it will be downloaded along with Windows 11 updates.
- Driver update utilities that you might find online are worthless and might be full of scams or malware.
- Struggling with an installed component or attached peripheral on a Windows PC?
- In such situations, you need to Update or Roll Back Driver (this option is only available if you updated the current driver), or Reinstall the device driver to fix that issue.
Using that program you can update your GPU drivers from a trusted source as new games come along. Once you’ve downloaded a trusted driver package from your device’s manufacturer, extract it and look for a “Setup” or “Install” program to run. Run it, and usually the update driver will install automatically then ask for a reboot.